How to Get to Sant Jordi Hostel Mambo Tango
The nearest metro station is just two blocks from the hostel. The name of the stop is “Parallel” and it has connection to two different metro lines: the line 2 (Purple) and line 3 (green). Please be aware that the Parallel metro stop has several exits and the directions given bellow are dependent upon the use of the correct exit.
- Coming from METRO STOP “PARALLEL” arriving with the Line 3 (green): When you exit the train at the ‘Parallel’ stop you need to follow the signs that say sortida (exit) ‘Sant Pau’ and then ‘Fontrodona’. It is very important that you exit the metro station following the correct signs. There are many exits for this metro station and if you exit in the wrong place you will probably get lost. When you come out of the metro station using the ‘Fontrodona’ exit, just walk straight for 1 minute. When you see the Burger King, turn to the left! The street is called Poeta Cabanyes. Walk up Poeta Cabanye on the left hand side until you come to the number 23!
- Coming from EL PRAT AIRPORT (BCN Airport): Take the Aerobus from the airport to the last stop ‘Plaza Catalunya’. When you get off the bus at Plaza Catalunya you will be in front of the Corte Ingles building (a very large department store, the size of the entire city block). Facing the Corte Ingles building, with your back to the street, go to your left. Just before you come to the corner you will see a stairway leading into the metro station. Once inside the metro station, take the metro line 3 (green) in the direction ‘Zona Universitaria’ until the stop ‘Parallel’. Now follow the directions given above for “From the Metro Stop Parallel arriving with the Line 3 (green)”
- Coming from SANTS ESTACIO Train Station: Inside of the train station you will need to find the entrance to the metro. It is at the opposite end of the train station from the McDonalds. Take the metro line 3 (Green) in the direction of “Trinitat Nova” to the stop “Parallel”. Now follow the directions given above for “From the Metro Stop Parallel arriving with the Line 3 (green)”.
- Coming from GIRONA AIRPORT: Take the Barcelona Bus from the airport to Barcelona Nord Bus Station (final destination). Now follow the directions given bellow for “Coming from the Barcelona Nord Bus Station”.
- Coming from BARCELOLNA NORD Bus Station: Once at the Nord bus station you can either take a taxi to the hostel (not too expensive) or go with the metro. The metro stop is in the small park just next to the bus station and is named ‘Arc de Triomf’. The metro line at the “Arc de Triomf” stop is the line 1 (red). Take the train that goes in the direction “Hospital de Bellvitge” until the stop named “Catalunya”. When you exit the train at the “Catalunya” stop you will have to transfer to the metro line 3 (green). With the metro line 3 (green) you need to take the train in direction “Zona Universitaria” until the stop “Parallel”. Now follow the directions given above for “From the Metro Stop Parallel arriving with the Line 3 (green)”Inside of the train station you will need to find the entrance to the metro. It is at the opposite end of the train station from the McDonalds. Take the metro line 3 (Green) in the direction of “Trinitat Nova” to the stop “Parallel”.
Please be very careful about pick-pockets in barcelona, they are very tricky. Keep your valuables safe (preferably in a money belt) and always have a hand on your bags. Be aware especially at the metro when you are arriving with all your belongings on you, and also at all the main tourist attractions.