How to Get to Sant Jordi Gracia
The nearest metro stations are “Fontana” (lines 3) and “Joanic” (lines 4). Each subway station is about 5 – 10 minutes walking from the hostel. We recommend coming with the metro line L3 (green) using the “Fontana” stop.
- Coming from METRO STOP “FONTANA” – using the L3 (green): When you exit the metro at the ‘Fontana’ stop you will be standing on the street Carrer Gran de Gracia. With your back to the metro station go to your left, down Carrer Gran de Gracia. Continue down Carrer Gran de Gracia for approx. 200 meters (220 yards) until you come to the street Carrer de Ros de Olano (on the left). Turn left on Carrer de Ros de Olano and continue straight for approx. 400 meters (430 yards) and the hostel will be on your left.*note* The street “Carrer de Ros de Olano” changes into “Carrer Terol” after approx. 5 blocks – After crossing the street Carrer del Torrent de l’Olla, the street Carrer de Ros de Olano becomes Carrer Terol.
- Coming from EL PRAT AIRPORT (BCN’s main airport): Take the Aerobus from the airport to the last stop ‘Plaza Catalunya’. When you get off the bus at Plaza Catalunya you will be in front of the Corte Ingles building (a very large department store, the size of the entire city block). Facing the Corte Ingles building, with your back to the street, go to your left. Just before you come to the corner you will see a stairway leading into the metro station. Once inside the metro station, take the L3 (green) metro line in the direction ‘Trinitat Nova’ until the stop ‘Fontana’. Now follow the directions given above for “Coming From the Metro Stop Fontana”.
- Coming from SANTS-ESTACIÓ Train Station: Inside of the train station you will need to find the entrance to the metro. It is at the opposite end of the train station from the McDonalds. Take the metro line 5 (Blue) in the direction of ‘Vall d’ Hebron’ to the stop ‘Diagonal’. When you exit the train at the ‘Diagonal’ stop you will need to transfer to the L3 (green) metro line. With the L3 (green) metro line you need to take the train in direction ‘Trinitat Nova’ until the stop ‘Fontana’. Now follow the directions given above for “Coming From the Metro Stop Fontana”.
- Coming From BARCELONA NORD BUS STATION: Take the metro – The metro stop is in the small park just next to the bus station and is named ‘Arc de Triomf’. The metro line at the ‘Arc de Triomf’ stop is the L1 (red) metro line. Take the train that goes in the direction ‘Hospital de Bellvitge’ until the stop named ‘Catalunya’. When you exit the train at the ‘Catalunya’ stop you will need to transfer to the L3 (green) metro line. With the L3 (green) metro line you need to take the train in the direction ‘Trinitat Nova’ until the stop ‘Fontana’. Follow directions above for “Coming From metro stop Fontana”.
- Coming from GIRONA AIRPORT: Take the Barcelona Bus from the airport to Barcelona Nord Bus Station (final destination). Once there, follow the direction above for “Coming from Barcelona Nord Bus Station”.
Please be very careful about pick-pockets in Barcelona, they are very tricky. Keep your valuables safe (preferably in a money belt) and always have a hand on your bags. Be aware especially at the metro when you are arriving with all your belongings on you, and also at all the main tourist attractions.