How to Get to Hostel Sant Jordi Aragó
The closest metro stop is ‘Passeig de Gracia’, on the Line 3 (Green), exit ‘Arago-Rambla Catalunya’. Please be aware, the ‘Passeig de Gracia’ metro station has 3 different metro lines and a Renfe train network all intersecting at the same stop. If you arrive with any metro or train line other than the Line 3 (Green) you will have a very hard time finding the correct exit. If you do not arrive with the Line 3 (Green) and you exit using any exit other than the ‘Arago-Rambla Catalunya’ exit you could be as far away as 3 city blocks from where you need to be.
- Coming from METRO STOP “PASSEIG DE GRACIA” – using the L3 (green): When you exit the train at the ‘Passeig de Gracia’ stop you need to follow the signs that say sortida (exit) ‘Arago’. As you come closer to exiting the metro station the sign will say sortida ‘Arago-Rambla Catalunya’. This will bring you to the exit that comes out on the corner of Passeig de Gracia and c/ Arago almost directly in front of the Casa Batllo. It is very important that you exit in front of the Casa Batllo. There are many exits for this metro stop and if you exit in the wrong place you will probably get lost. Once in front of the Casa Batllo, facing the Casa Batllo with your back to the street, go to your right. The first street you come to will be c/ Arago. Go left on c/ Arago. Walk on the left hand side of the street (c/ Arago) until you come to number 268. It is just across the street from the very large and hard to miss, red-brick building with strange wires all over the top of it (Fundacio Antoni Tapies). The door has Dolors Junyent Galeria D’Art written on the pane of glass above it.
- Coming from EL PRAT AIRPORT (BCN Airport): Take the Aerobus from the airport to the last stop ‘Plaza Catalunya’. When you get off the bus at Plaza Catalunya you will be in front of the Corte Ingles building (a very large department store, the size of the entire city block). Facing the Corte Ingles building with your back to the street, go to your left. Just before you come to the corner you will see a stairway leading into the metro station. Once inside the metro station, take the L3 (green) metro line in the direction ‘Trinitat Nova’ until the stop ‘Passeig de Gracia’. Now follow the directions given above for “From the Metro Stop ‘Passeig de Gracia’ arriving with the Line 3 (green)”.
- Coming from SANTS ESTACIO Train Station: Inside of the train station you will need to find the entrance to the metro. It is at the opposite end of the train station from the McDonalds. Take the metro line 3 (Green) in the direction of “Trinitat Nova” to the stop “Passeig de Gracia”. Now follow the directions above for “Coming from Metro Stop Passeig de Gracia”.
- Coming from GIRONA AIRPORT: Take the Barcelona Bus from the airport to Barcelona Nord Bus Station (final destination). Now follow the directions below for “Coming from Barcelona Nord Bus Station”.
- Coming from BARCELONA NORD Bus Station: Once at the Nord bus station you can either take a taxi to the hostel (not too expensive because it’s not so far from the hostel) or go with the metro. The metro stop is in the small park just next to the bus station and is named ‘Arc de Triomf’. The metro line at the ‘Arc de Triomf’ stop is the Line 1 (red). Take the train that goes in the direction ‘Hospital de Bellvitge’ until the stop named ‘Catalunya’. When you exit the train at the “Catalunya” stop you will have to transfer to the metro line 3 (green). With the metro line 3 (green) you need to take the train in direction “Trinitat Nova” until the stop “Passeig de Gracia”. Now follow the directions above for “Coming from Metro Stop Passeig de Gracia”.
Please be very careful about pick-pockets in Barcelona, they are very tricky. Keep your valuables safe (preferably in a money belt) and always have a hand on your bags. Be aware especially at the metro when you are arriving with all your belongings on you, and also at all the main tourist attractions.